In this unexpected period everyone is facing and trying to find a solution for Coronavirus effects.
More than many different sectors, DAMA Wedding thoughts are for all those couples who are planning their destination wedding in Italy in the coming weeks or months. This is a horrible time for anyone with their wedding coming up and writing this article we want to support you in anyway we can.
We would like to underline that information we give are related to the Italian country and its restrictions and rules, we kindly recommend to follow news from official sources, government bodies and the CDC, and avoid being overwhelmed by the panic created by fake news.
The Italian law and coronavirus
We can face two opposite situations:
- If your wedding day will take place during the Italian Lockdown, until the 18th of May, all vendors are required to give deposit back. This rules can not be followed instead by venues. They can choose to issue a voucher which should be used within 12 months from the date the event was scheduled. This can be referred to Article 88 of the decree-law of 17 March 2020, also made applicable to the residence contracts for which the impossibility of the performance occurred following the containment measures of the epidemic of COVID-19. The provision allows accommodation facilities, as an alternative to reimbursement of the sums paid by the customer for the stay not enjoyed due to force majeure, to issue a voucher to be used within one year of its issue. The voucher is equivalent to the recognition of a credit, which will benefit those who have booked stays, directly or through a travel agency or booking portal.
- On the contrary if your wedding day is scheduled on a date not affected by lockdown: in case the couple decides to cancel because, for example, the lockdown is taking place in their countries of origin, Italian suppliers are NOT required to return the advance payments and they lose their money.
Don’t give up your dream: Postpone it!
Our most sincere advise is do not cancel but postpone your wedding day.
Do not give up planning and realizing your dream wedding day in Italy because if meeting remains a magic, it is not to miss the real fairy tale and as in it you can still dream and realize your destination wedding in our gorgeous country.
Wedding venues and suppliers are all doing their best to carry on and being happy to meet the needs of bride and groom to be because couples with their thoughts, joy, fears, dreams are our priority. We love our job and we will do all the best to guide you step by step in managing the situation so trust in wedding planners and key vendors to come up with a thoughtful, beautiful and solid plan B or C.
Last but not least is an other way to save your money and do not start planning an other wedding, maybe in your country at an higher price, with an event out of budget.
DAMA Wedding practical advices:
If you have a wedding planner she/he will take care of contacting vendors and find out a new possible date to reschedule your.
If you don’t have a wedding planner, don’t panic!
- First, inform your closest family members about your decision and evaluate with them some new date options
- Check the policy of the venue you have booked and contact the property manager to discuss the possibility of postponing.
- Get at least 3 dates available and start contacting suppliers and check availability during the 3 options.
- Based on these, choose the new date (we advise you to supplement the contracts previously signed).
- Then it’s time to inform other relatives and friends so do a double check also with them if they can attend your special day and be present for you
One last thing is being flexible especially with dates, many people are rescheduling and venues do not have enough weekends, so try to think about a out of season or mid-week wedding, your guests are understanding.
Free consulting by DAMA Wedding:
To offer concrete support to couples who are planning their wedding in Italy and need organizational clarifications, we offer a free consultation:
write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via whatsapp at +39 351 5890057